The project involved the demolition of a rear conservatory and making good of the rear elevation and patio. Additionally, the demolition of a wall separating the living room and dining room to create one large open-plan living space and the conversion of the integral garage into a home study.
Undertaking the works during the pandemic. Sourcing materials such as plaster and timber due to materials shortages caused by pandemic, took much longer than anticipated and this necessitated restructuring the project programme in order to keep the project on schedule.
- Adair completed a full measured survey for the production of all required plans and elevations on behalf of the client.
- Produced a specification to include Preliminaries, Schedule of Works and Material and Workmanship Clauses on behalf of the client.
- Production of AutoCAD drawings and submission of proposed plans to building control and applying for permitted development approval on behalf of client.
- Conducted pre-tender interviews and distributed invitations to tender to three selected contractors.
- Produced tender report for client with an analysis of the various tender prices received and drafted JCT Homeowner Contract.
- Conducted weekly site inspections to monitor the progress and negotiated variations to works.
- Negotiated final account with contractor.